Born in 1976, the Mairen singer Antonio Ortega Jiménez (artistically known as Antonio Ortega Jr.), won the first prize for saetas at the Peña Torres Macarena in Seville at the age of 12, but it was not until 1999 that he decided to start his professional career. Since then, he has not stopped participating in festivals and competitions, winning more than 80 first prizes, including the Casa del Arte Flamenco Award (Mairena del Alcor, 2001), Cantes Bajo Andaluces (La Unión, 2002), the Soleá de Alcalá (2005), the Silla de Oro (Leganés, 2005), the Antonio Mairena Award in the National Contest of Córdoba (Córdoba, 2007), the Quince de Oro (Puente Genil, 2014) or the Colón Flamenco (Huelva, 2016 ).
With a family cantaora ancestry rooted in Mairena del Alcor -and that indirectly connects him with the mythical Hornerito and Diego Manolete-, Antonio maintains a Mairenista base from which he has gone growing towards other aesthetic spaces looking for its personality but without leaving the jondo.
01. Arco Street (Tangos)
02. May it last two springs (Soleares)
03. Little and salty (Alegrías)
04. In the book of love (Malagueña, Zángano and Rondeña)
05. Of that cold night (Liviana and Seguiriyas)
06. The soleá and the duende (Romance)
07. Thinking about her land (Mariana)
08. From when you loved me (Fandangos de Huelva)
09. Of the Ancilla (Saetas)
Our best sellers
Wishlist is empty.
Your cart is empty.Return to shop